Monday, December 28, 2015

Christmas!!

I love Christmas! Everything about Christmas is amazing: the Christmas tree, sweet treats, Christmas songs, cold weather (sometimes) and most importantly the Christmas story. Anyway, I thought it would be fun to share about some things I did during Christmas! 


This is our Christmas tree. We have been getting real Christmas trees for a few years now. I always love decorating the tree! 


This is one of my favorite ornaments. My sweet sister Heather designed it for me last Christmas. :) What is your most special ornament? 


We also helped daddy put up Christmas lights on our house outside. I love how the Christmas tree shows in the window! The pictures kind of fuzzy because it was so dark outside. 


What is your favorite thing to drink in the winter? We made some homemade cocoa mix a few weeks ago. It is perfect for when you are cold. I really like this tea! It's called Sugar Plum Spice and it taste exactly like Christmas! It's sweet and has a bunch of different spices in it.


I love baking and eating anything sweet during Christmas. This year I made some peppermint patties. they are so yummy! I think I could eat the whole batch if everyone let me, but I guess I have to share. :D I attempted to put snowflakes on top with white chocolate. They turned out interesting... 


What do you like to do for Christmas gifts? I like to try to make things for everyone. This past year my sister and I learned how to knit from a lady at our library. I decided to put my knitting skills to the test and knit everyone scarves!  I had so much fun knitting them but I'm glad I finished them in time. I knitted Pappy a pillow because he broke his foot. Almost everyone else got a scarf. 


I even let the kitties join in on the fun. I knit them a mini scarf. It is the cutest thing ever! This is Tigger modeling it. 


I think she likes it! When she comes inside I put it on her. She never stops purring when she wears it! 


Isn't she adorable? My little brother found a little Santa hat so we put it on one of our kittens.. It was really really hard trying to get the hat to stay on a wiggling cats head.. Somehow we managed to get this kinda blurry picture of Tabby. The hat is the perfect size and it is so cute on her! 

I decided I needed to match her so I grabbed a bigger Santa hat and tried to hold a wiggling cat with a smaller Santa hat. It was a lot harder than it looks.. A lot of the time Tabby managed to get the thing off of her head and roll over and play with it. It was quite funny! 


I hope you had a wonderful Christmas! Never forget God's amazing gift to us!  


But the angel said to them, "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the messiah, the Lord.                                                                                Luke 2:10-11 


No comments:

Post a Comment